Compare Auto Insurance Quotes
Free, No Obligation Insurance Quotes
Receive competitive bids from multiple insurance companies for your choice of life, auto, vehicle, or home insurance. When insurance providers compete for your business, you save money and get better policy terms.
Auto Insurance Protects More Than Just Your Vehicle.
When you’re involved in an auto accident, you want to feel confident that the policy you have will provide you with the coverage you need. You want something that won’t force you to pay a lot out of pocket, that will give you speedy repairs, and will look out for your best interests. Unless you do your research, however, you may not get the auto insurance you need, and deserve.
The Ins and Outs of Car Insurance
Do you have enough cash saved up to pay for damages to your vehicle if you’re rear-ended at a traffic light, or if high winds cause a branch to fall on the hood of your car? Most likely, the answer is “no.” Fortunately, these are the types of incidences that auto insurance usually covers. Auto insurance typically offers protection against six types of risk and potential loses.
- Collision: This type of coverage will pay for the damages to your vehicle—except for the deductible—when you are involved in an accident, even when it is your fault.
- Comprehensive: Pays for damage to your vehicle—minus the deductible—when your vehicle suffers damages that are not related to collisions, such as a falling tree or vandalism.
- Bodily Injury: This type of coverage is implemented when you hurt someone in an accident or get sued for damages related to the crash.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Perhaps the most important part of your coverage, PIP pays for medical bills, lost wages, and funeral expenses that are related to injuries you or your passengers sustain when in an accident.
- Property Damage: Pays for damage you cause to someone else’s property, such as a vehicle or fence, because of an accident.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist: this type of coverage pays when you are in an accident with a person who doesn’t have insurance, is underinsured, or flees the scene.
How Much Auto Insurance Will Cost You
Auto insurance doesn’t cost the same for everyone. Insurance companies look at a variety of different factors when coming up with your premium. For instance, the company will take your age, driving record, and even the type of vehicle you drive into consideration when deciding on the price for your coverage.
Where you live also plays a role in how much you are charged, as does the amount of coverage you want. For instance, many states require certain amounts of coverage for injuries and property damage per accident. If you exceed the minimum requirements, you may end up paying more for your premium.
Finding the Best Rates
Since auto insurance companies offer a variety of plans, finding the one that makes the most sense for you is essential. If not, you could end up paying more for coverage you don’t want, or need. Take the guesswork out of finding the right insurance by allowing InsuranceGenius.com to find the appropriate coverage for you.